Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you like chocolate and orange together you will like this!
- 2 cups orange sections, about 6 oranges
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel and section oranges.
- Cut sections into small pieces.
- Combine the orange pieces and orange juice.
- Beat eggs and add oranges,vanilla and almond extract.
- Mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add all at once.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Combine the brown sugar,chocolate chips and nuts.
- Sprinkle on top of the cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 min.