Chocolate Crunch (Cooking Light)
photo by Redsie
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup oven-toasted crispy rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (60 to 70% cocoa)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 3oo degrees.
- Cover a jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Coat parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Combine oats, rice cereal, brown sugar, chopped pecans, salt and ground cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Combine honey and canola oil in a small saucepan over low heat; cook 2 minutes or until warm. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over oat mixture. Lightly coat hands with cooking spray. Gently mix chocolate mixture and oat mixture until combined. Spread oat mixture onto prepared jelly-roll pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Cool completely on pan; stir in cranberries.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fantastic granola! Love the chocolate flavor I used semi sweet chocolate this time but next time I want to try the bittersweet. I served over vanilla yogurt. It has just a hint of sweetness I also ground the pecans. Next time I will omit the salt or reduce it by half. You would never know there is rice krispies in this recipe they blended nicely with the other ingredients. Made for the Lite and Low cooking challenge in the photo fourm. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a full-time mom to 3 ages 8, 16, and 22! I really enjoy cooking for my family and friends. I am really getting into OAMC cooking since I have busy kids and a busy life. I am also starting to get better about menu/meal planning so I don't have to go to the grocery store as often as I have in the past.</p>