Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Crescent rolls from the dairy case make these fairly quick. I found this at the Hershey's website. Haven't tried it yet, but wow do they look yummy. Perfect for brunch. This is a Pillsbury Bake Off Winner.
- 1⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon almond paste
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1⁄2 cup cherries (dried-tart)
- 1⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon orange peel (about 1 orange)
- 1⁄4 cup almonds (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon almonds (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- In a small bowl, beat butter,amond paste & egg, beat in nutmeg and flour.
- On work surface unroll dough sheet; press into 14x8 rectangle; spread butter mixture over dough, leaving 1/2" on 1 short end uncovered. Sprinkle cherries, chips, 2 teaspoons orange peel and 1/4 Celsius almonds over butter mixture, press lightly.
- Starting at short end covered with butter mixture, roll up dough; pinch and press uncovered end into roll to seal, reshape roll with hands, wrap roll in waxed paper; refrigerate 30 minute.
- Heat oven to 375. Either spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Using a serrated knife, cut roll into 8 slices, place cut sides up 3" apart on cookie sheet, Bake 13-17 minute or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl; mix powdered sugar, cream and almond extract with spoon until smooth, spread over cooked hot rolls on cookie sheet and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon almonds and 1 teaspoons orange peel. Cool on cooling rack; serve warm or cool.