Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I like this recipe as i always get wow factor with it and have not had it flop yet. It came from a womans magazine
- 1 (250 g) packetmalt biscuits
- 125 g butter
- 2 (250 g) packages cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, of fruit being used
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur or 1 tablespoon brandy or 1 tablespoon fruit juice
- 300 ml cream, beaten until soft peaks form
- 1 oranges or 1 mandarin oranges or 1 tangelo, segmented
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup juice, to complement fruit used
- Blend biscuits until finely crushed.
- Add melted butter and press into a deep 25cm flan tin, put into fridge.
- Beat cream cheese, rind, juice, sugar and liqueur in a big bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Fold in cream and add orange segments until combined.
- Add gelatin to boiling water and stir to dissolve; cool.
- Fold gelatine into mixture.
- spoon mixture into tin.
- Cover refridgerate overnight.
- To serve decorate as you like i like to use finely grated chocolate and orange segments.