Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not tried this stir fry. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I found this recipe in All You magazine. It says cost per serving is $1.52. Replace the frozen broccoli with fresh; cook it in boiling salted water for 2 minutes first.
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium beef broth or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb top round london broil beef, cut into strips
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli spears, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- Whisk together broth, soy sauce, lemon juice and cornstarch in a bowl; set aside.
- Warm oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef, turn heat to high and cook, stirring constantly, until beef is no longer pink, 2-3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook, stirring, until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Stir in reserved sauce, orange zest and juice. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
very simple to make. my husband enjoyed the recipe but my daughter and I didn't like the orange flavor.