Beef and Orange Stir Fry
photo by HokiesMom
- Ready In:
- Slice the meat into 1/2-inch thick strips. Mince the garlic. Cut the green onions into 1-inch lengths.
- Into a small bowl, finely grate the zest from one orange. Squeeze the juice from that orange into the bowl and add the garlic, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Peel the remaining 2 oranges. Slice them crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices, then cut each slice in half. Remove any seeds.
- In a medium bowl, toss the meat with the cornstarch until well coated.
- In a large skilled or wok, heat the oil. Add the beef and cook until brown on all sides, 3-5 minutes. Remove the meat from the skillet,.
- Pour the juice mixture into the skillet and boil until syrupy, about 1 minutes.
- Return the beef to the skillet; add the orange slices and onions. Toss until coated and heated through.
- Serve over hot rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A very nice tasting recipe. I doubled the recipe without any issue. I do wish there was a bit more sauce to the dish as mine was rather thick. I think next time I may add some fresh pepper to the mix too. Served with white rice and broccoli. Well received by the family. Thanks loof! Made for 123 Hit Wonders tag game.