Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is such a good side dish with chicken and pork!!
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons orange rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- Plump raisins by placing them and the 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Heat until boiling, then cover and turn the heat off. Simmer these for about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain and allow to cool.
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Once cooked, place the rice, pine nuts, raisins, parsley, olive oil, orange rind, orange juice and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese immediately before serving.
Very nice combination of flavors! I substituted couscous for the long grain and wild rice, and it turned out great. I cooked 1 cup of cous cous in 1 cup of chicken broth, and followed the recipe exactly after that. I served it with shrimp, and it was a lovely dinner. Made for the Spring 07 pAC event. Thanks for posting Sherrybeth!