Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a festive Colombian salad. Posted for ZWT4 from Extending the Table.
- 2 seedless oranges
- 1 head boston lettuce, broken in small pieces
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced and separated
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Peel, section and remove membranes from oranges.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, orange sections, red onion and peanuts.
- In a blender combine remaining ingredients and blend on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
Great salad! I made as stated and next time will try with canned mandarins to cut down on time and add sweetness. I might try honey-roasted peanuts too. Thanks for posting!
This a great salad. I served it with Chilean Empanadas and they complimented each other nicely. Thanks! Reviewed for ZWT4.
This is a great salad. I loved all the textures and flavors in this tasty salad. The orange and peanuts work well together. The dressing is a perfect blend, complimenting the salad. I will be making this again. Thanks so much for sharing. made for ZWT4.