Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
'dressed up' carrots
- 4 -6 medium carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place carrots, ginger, orange juice, water, salt, brown sugar and butter in saucepan.
- simmer gently uncovered for 6-8 minutes or until carrots are tender and liquid has reduced to a glaze.
easy and delicious. I used 2 Tablespoons of julienned fresh ginger instead of dried and 6 carrots took more like 12 minutes to cook. Everyone loved it.
great recipe! can be made with fresh ginger too.
Lovely recipe, my guests enjoyed it! I used fresh orange juice and fresh ginger in the same amounts called for in your recipe Thanks