- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon tamari (or other soy sauce)
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans navy beans, drained and rinsed (or other white beans)
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- add in the onion.
- cover and cook 5 minutes until softened.
- Transfer the onions to a slow cooker.
- add in the tomatoes, molasses, vinegar, mustard, and tamari; stir to combine.
- Stir in the beans, bourbon, and orange juice concentrate; cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.