1/3 Photos of Opposite of a Smoothie: Breakfast Crunchy
Beautiful presentation: a breakfast parfait! Instead of slurping, you get to spoon it up. Endless variations depending on your own tastes--so customize as you like. The recipe is made for ONE serving, adjust to the number of diners. If you let the Crunchy sit for an hour or so, the cereal absorbs moisture from the yogurt and goes from crunchy to chewy. Use frozen or fresh fruit, depending on what you have available.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a tumbler or parfait glass, artfully layer 2-tablespoon portions of yogurt, cereal and fruit into the glass, continuing until ingredients are used up, or glass looks properly full and beautiful.
- 2End with the fruit (for prettiness sake), sprinkle with sweetener OR leave it out, according to your tastebuds.
- 4VARIATION #1: use other-flavored yogurts to compliment OR contrast the fruit flavors; use your imagination.
- 5VARIATION #2: other cereals work well too (Grapenuts, Muesli, flakes).
- 6VARIATION #3: how about peaches or mangoes? Halved grapes, orange bits, canned fruit cocktail (drained); let your imagination go!
- 7VARIATION #4: sprinkle in a few mini-chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries. Ymmm!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Opposite of a Smoothie: Breakfast Crunchy
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.7
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 67.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: