Recipe by Debber
Beautiful presentation: a breakfast parfait! Instead of slurping, you get to spoon it up. Endless variations depending on your own tastes--so customize as you like. The recipe is made for ONE serving, adjust to the number of diners. If you let the Crunchy sit for an hour or so, the cereal absorbs moisture from the yogurt and goes from crunchy to chewy. Use frozen or fresh fruit, depending on what you have available.
Top Review by iewe
Used to make this all the time as a kid (using plain yogurt and adding vanilla). This time used frozen blueberries and plain yogurt (adding my own vanilla to taste). Thanks for sharing :) Made for PAC Fall 2008
- 8 tablespoons yogurt (pick your flavor, vanilla is a good base)
- 8 tablespoons granola cereal
- 8 tablespoons berries
- 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a tumbler or parfait glass, artfully layer 2-tablespoon portions of yogurt, cereal and fruit into the glass, continuing until ingredients are used up, or glass looks properly full and beautiful.
- End with the fruit (for prettiness sake), sprinkle with sweetener OR leave it out, according to your tastebuds.
- VARIATION #1: use other-flavored yogurts to compliment OR contrast the fruit flavors; use your imagination.
- VARIATION #2: other cereals work well too (Grapenuts, Muesli, flakes).
- VARIATION #3: how about peaches or mangoes? Halved grapes, orange bits, canned fruit cocktail (drained); let your imagination go!
- VARIATION #4: sprinkle in a few mini-chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries. Ymmm!