Recipe by Barb G.
The aroma of warm cinnamon rolls is always enticing, this simple sandwich fills the bill. Kids will love it.
Top Review by Wendy13
OK, this helped cheer up my daughter who is cranky (even though she's 15 and too old to be cranky). I made this for her while she was watching TV and she is now a happy camper! We love cinnamon and this was very good. We didn't use almonds as they are not a favorite in our house. I have no doubt that we will be making this often. Thanks for making this a happier house this evening.
- 2 whole grain English muffins, split horiziontelly
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler or use toaster oven: Place the english muffins on a baking sheet or in toaster oven; broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source for about 2 minutes tper side, or until they are lightly toasted, or toast in toaster.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl; spread half of the butter mixture on the cut side of each of 2 muffin halves; sprinkle each with half of the almonds.
- Broil for about 2 minutes, or until the spread is bubbly and the almonds are lightly browned, Serve Hot& Enjoy.