Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
This recipe I copied from "Ready Steady Cook". It makes a great starter and I always love the look of layers of pasta sheets with juicy tomatoes and onions.
- 2 red onions, cut into 8ths
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 sheets fresh lasagna pasta
- chopped fresh herb (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Fry onions on high heat until caramlised.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Transfer onions to baking sheet or baking dish with tomatoes and season with salt, pepper.
- Roast 8 minutes, then add vinegar and brown sugar, roast further 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook lasagne sheets in boiling salted water until soft. Drain well.
- LAy sheet of lasagne on serving plate. Pile vegetables on top. Cover loosely with second sheet of lasagne, and serve immediately sprinkled with chopped fresh herbs of choice (dill, basil, parsley, chives - whatever!).