Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
A lovely fresh sandwich to serve for lunch on a hot summer day..can be wrapped for a picnic or just enjoyed straight out of the broiler
- 1 hoagie deli bun
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 354.88 ml arugula greens
- 1 of a fuji apple, cored, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 170.09 g brie cheese, rind removed, thinly sliced
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- Slice Hoagie bun in two horizontally, place cut side down on a sheet pan and broil for 1-3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove pan from broiler, flip buns over and spread Dijon mustard evenly on un-toasted sides. Add greens, apples, salt, pepper, cheese and dried thyme. Place under broiler again for 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts slightly. Remove from heat, sprinkle with black pepper and serve this delicious open face Hoagie.
I used a whole wheat hamburger bun and adjusted the ingredients. This made for a nice lunch. Thanks Marra! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag.