Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from my NC cookbook. I have not tried it, but it sounds delicious, more like a dessert or brunch item instead of a breakfast food! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices or 1 (20 ounce) cansliced fresh pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices raisin bread
- 1⁄4 cup honey, warmed
- Drain pineapple slices, reserving 1/4 cup juice.
- Beat the cream cheese and juice till light and fluffy.
- Fold in the preserves.
- Toast the raisin bread.
- Top each slice of bread with the cheese mixture.
- Top each of these with 1-2 slices of pineapple.
- Drizzle each slice with warm honey.
Yummy! I modifed this recipe slightly to make a mid-morning snack. I was only serving myself, and therefore downsized the recipe for 1 slice of toast. I used whole grain raisin bread, a prepared fat-free pineapple cream cheese spread and fresh pineapple. I omitted the honey and stuck the open-faced sandwich under the broiler for a bit. Heaven. The heat brought out the natural sugars of the pineapple and made the cheese spread even creamier. Nice quick snack...or breakfast.