Recipe by queenofeats
This was an invention I created after realizing that I had a prepackaged salad bag due to expire in a couple of days. The rest came together after rummaging in my pantry and fridge for a while trying to think of what else to add to the lettuce. Despite the lack of planning, the flavor was a success and something that I plan to use deliberately in the future! Feel free to use fresh lettuce if you don't like the bagged idea, it usually tastes better even if you do lose a little bit of convienience. This is a very simple salad, so you may opt to add other ingredients if you are interested. Chopped tomatoes and onions would be great!
- 226.79 g package butter lettuce
- 170.09 g packagepre- cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml kalamata olive, roughly chopped
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Start with the dressing. Combine all dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl and beat with a wire whisk until the oil and vinegar blend together. This should take only a couple of minutes. You may need to redo this depending on how long the dressing will sit before serving.
- In a large bowl, mix the salad ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. You can chill the dressing beforehand if you like, but I find it's just as tasty at room temperature!
- Serve and enjoy!