Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe out of our local newspaper a few years ago. Everytime I make them and take them to work they disappear in no time!
- 1 cup light corn syrup or 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter or 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6-oz)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips (3-oz) (optional)
- Pour corn syrup, sugar and salt into a large saucepan.
- Stir over medium high heat until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in oatmeal, cornflakes and crisp rice cereal.
- Pour into greased 8-inch square pan and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Spread over bars.
- Cut into 32 squares or triangles.
- OPTION: Melt peanut butter chips in small saucepan over low heat.
- Using small spoon, dot onto bars in any design you prefer.