Prep 12 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small vidalia onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 4 large crusty French rolls
- Preheat oven to 400F Pour oil into a small, heavy skillet over very low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until light golden in color and very limp, about 10 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in butter and parsley.
- Cut rolls in half horizontally and spread cut side with butter mixture. Place on a baking sheet. Bake until hot, about 5 minutes. Serve warm.