Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the Thursday magazine. Easy and simple !
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1 egg, white and yolk separated
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 10 -12 slices onions (known as "rings" for this recipe)
- Put the flour, egg yolk, milk and water in the liquidiser and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Whisk the egg white and fold into the batter.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Dip the onion rings in the batter and coat evenly.
- Fry till the rings are golden brown.
- Drain on clean paper towels.
- Serve alongside hot and spicy chicken!
Nice and simple that is what I like. I'd personally add some Jack Daniels to it to lift it a bit on the sweet scale, but that's just me