1/2 Photos of Onion Nut Bread
1 hr 15 mins
This is from an old booklet put out by the Walla Walla Gardeners Association. Walla Walla is in SW Washington state. The onions are very sweet so this is more of a tea bread than a savory.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Coat a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Saute onions in 1/4 cup butter until translucent.
- 4Sift dry ingredients together into mixing bowl.
- 5Stir in onions and nuts to coat.
- 6Beat the egg, milk and remaining butter. Add to the flour mixture and stir until mixed. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- 7Spoon into loaf pan and bake 1 hour, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Turn out onto wire rack and cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.2
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.0 mg
- Sodium 621.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 8.5 g