Prep 8 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great alongside any main dish. We especially like them with pasta.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, onion, and butter.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.
Awesome muffins. I made them per the original recipe but they came out very dense and too bland. Followed Lovey's Angel's changes and sauteed the onions in the 1/2 c. butter before adding them in. Turned out great, just adds a little depth. Thanks bunches!
UPDATE: I made these again but this time I added 1-1/2 tsp of poultry seasoning and added 3/4 cup of buttermilk and they were WONDERFUL!! They rose up more and had more of a muffin texture this time. Thanx again MizzNezz :D Sorry, I forgot to put the starz!