Recipe by Suzanne S.
My sister, Ashley, found this in an old Betty Crocker cookbook. She says it’s delicious!
- 2 medium onions, peeled,sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onions slowly in the butter just until soft in a medium-sized frying pan.
- Separate the biscuits; place in a single layer in any ungreased 8-inch cake pan.
- Spoon onion mixture on top.
- Beat egg slightly in a small bowl; blend in sour cream and salt.
- Spoon over onion mixture; sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until topping is set.
- Slice in wedges and serve warm.