Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
They sound strange but they are delicious and will disappear in seconds.
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (2 sheet) package puff pastry
- 125 g feta cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Cook onions and sugar on medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 45 min to 1 hr (until soft and brown). Should be jam like consistency.
- Cut puff pastry into 1 1/2 to 2 inch squares.
- Top with onion jam, feta and 3-4 pieces of chopped walnuts.
- Bake @ 350F for 15 to 20 minutes.