This recipe is based on a packaged biscuit mix. Its quick and simple to make. The recipe is from Land O'Lakes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 1/2 cups packaged biscuit mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces) or 4 ounces American cheese, shredded,divided
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds, divided
- thinly sliced onion, cooked (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1Grease an 8 x 1 1/2-inch round baking pan.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 4In a medium bowl stir together the milk, egg, and minced onions.
- 5Add biscuit mix; stir just until moistened.
- 6Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seed.
- 7Spread batter into prepared pan.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining cheese and remaining poppy seed.
- 9If desired, arrange cooked onion on top.
- 10Drizzle with melted butter.
- 11Bake 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center of bread comes out clean.
- 12Serve warm.
- 13*Note:For cooked onion, cook 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion in 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Cheese Bread
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.8
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 404.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 7.0 g