1/2 Photos of Onion Bread
1 hr 5 mins
Shirl (J) 831's Note:
This is a recipe that is easliy doubled and keeps fresh for a long time. The onion flavor is light and is wonderful with soups and stews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in 1/4 cup warm water and allow to stand still 10 minutes.
- 2In a small bowl, combine milk, remaining water, butter,sugar and salt, mix well and add to yeast mixture.
- 3Add chives, poppy seeds and one cup flour.
- 4Add 1 1/2 cups flour at a time till dough is stiff and begins to pull away from sides of bowl.
- 5(Aprox 2 cups in total.) Turn dough onto floured surface and knead 2 more cups of flour inches Shape dough into a ball, place in a oiled bowl, rotate once and cover ball with oil.
- 6Allow to raise till doubled punch down and form two loaves.
- 7Place loaves in oiled 9x5 pans and bake 425 for 15 minutes.
- 8Reduce heat to 350 and bake additional 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1701.3
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 3646.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 310.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 47.7 g