Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
The Six O’Clock Scramble
Top Review by SoupCookie
This was yummy and quick! I used boneless/skinless chicken bresat cut into chunks, forgot the can of tomatos (opps!) so I cubed one fresh tomato, used rice and added a half rib of celery (chopped). It was also really good the next day as the rice absorbed more of the flavours....deeeelicious!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 lbs bone-in chicken thighs (or boneless chicken thighs)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa (or white rice)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large white potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big stock pot, heat the oil over med-high heat; add in the chicken and brown it for about 2 minutes per side.
- Add in the onion, carrots, garlic, and chili powder; cook the mixture for about 5 minutes more, until the vegetables soften slightly.
- In a strainer, rinse the quinoa thoroughly with cold water.
- Add in the chicken broth, tomatoes, potatoes, and quinoa; bring the liquid to a boil, decrease the heat, and simmer the stew for 30-40 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the spinach and let it wilt for about 2 minutes; check seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.