Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this on the back of my Baker's Box. These are very good and easy to prepare!
- 4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 2 squares semisweet baking chocolate, melted (optional)
- For Cake Like Brownies: Prepare as directed, stirring in 1/2 cup milk with the eggs and vanilla and increasing the flour to 1 1/2 cups.
- Microwave unsweetened chocolate and butter in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour and pecans or walnuts; stir until well blended. Spread into greased lined 13*9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool in pan. Lift out of pan onto cutting board. Cut into 24 squares. Drizzle each equare with melted Semi-sweet chocolate, if desired. Let stand until set.
- Caramel Brownies: Prepare and bake brownies as directed. Microwave 1 pkg. (14 oz) caramels and 2 Tablespoons milk in microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until caramels are completely melted. Grently spread over brownies in pan. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Chocolate Bliss Brownies: Prepare batter as directed, adding 1 pkg. (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chunks with the nuts. Spread into prepared pan and bake as directed.
- Cream Cheese Brownies: Prepare batter as directed, using 4 eggs; spread into prepared pan. Beat 1 pkg (8 oz) softened cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg and 2 Tablespoons flour until well blended; drop by spoonfuls evenly over brownie batter. Swirl with knife several times to marbleize. Bake as directed, increasing baking time to 40 minutes.
- Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies: Prepare batter as directed, reserving 1 Tablespoon of the butter and 2 Tablespoons of the sugar. Spread batter into prepared pan. Melt reserved butter. Add to reserved sugar along with 2/3 cup peanut butter; mix well. Spoon over batter in pan. Swirl with knife several times to marbleize. Bake as directed.
very versatile recipe. Easy to remember and quick to make.
Good! Not as chocolatey as desired, but with our added chocolate chip sprinkled on top they were perfect. Although, after finding this recipe, we just used the back of the baker's chocolate box. :-)
These have been some of my favorite brownies for ten years now....they really are very chewy, but the outside edges get nice and crispy. If you add the chocolate chips to the batter, try freezing the brownies after baking to get the chips nice and hard again. It makes for a nice, satisfying chew :)