Recipe by JenPo
A neat way to use these inexpensive blossoms (a blessing if you garden). This is from Mireille Guilano. I haven't tried this way yet (having previously always fried them) but am looking forward to it.
- 16 squash blossoms, washed and patted dry
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup fresh goat cheese or 1 cup ricotta cheese
- fresh herb (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs and water, and add the flowers to the mix.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a skillet til very hot, then add the eggs.
- After it begins to set, crumble the goat cheese evenly over it.
- Stop cooking when just barely set, to avoid drying it out.
- Garnish with herbs and serve.