Olympic Peninsula Black Bean Chili
- In a Dutch oven, saute onions and celery in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook a few minutes more. Transfer to a small bowl, set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the same Dutch oven, and brown, in batches, the cubed venison.
- Add the onion/garlic mixture to the browned venison and add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the beans. Cook for 2 hours or more, unitl the meat is fork-tender.
- Add beans, and heat through. Taste to see if it needs more salt and/or pepper. Serve hot, good with brown rice.