Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the executive chef at Gallo of Sonoma, Bruce Riezeman. Delicious!
- 2 tablespoons anchovy fillets, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 cups kalamata olives, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and chopped fine
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- sea salt
- Combine all ingredients and season with salt and pepper at the end.
- Since you have salty anchovies and olives, be careful of the amount of salt you use.
- This recipe can be done completely in the food processor, although both Bruce and I prefer the clean cut of a hand chop.
- If you use the processor, blend all the ingredients except the olive oil until they are finely chopped.
- Then with it running, add the olive oil slowly to the chopped mixture until it has been absorbed.
- This will hold in the frig for weeks, so enjoy!
This is really good tapenade! I took the lazy way and made the whole thing in the food processor. The end result was very nice, and it took no time at all! I added a few extra anchovies (what else was I going to do with them?) and made it a little fishier tasting than I would like. Next time, I'll stick to the recipe. Thanks for posting! Made for Fall PAC 2012