Cathleen Colbert's Note:
from William-Sonoma Kitchen Library via Recipesource.com. Makes for great dipping oil. I order my bottles from Specialitybottle.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub the lemon to remove surface impurities; rinse and dry well.
- 2Pour olive oil in a small heavy saucepan.
- 3Using a zester, add lemon zest directly to olive oil.
- 4Add bay leaf and peppercorns.
- 5Heat oil over medium low heat to 200 to 225 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 7Transfer oil to hot, sterilized bottle and seal.
- 8Can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 months.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Oil with Lemon and Bay Leaf
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1952.2
- Calories from Fat 1949
- Total Fat 216.6 g
- Saturated Fat 29.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: