Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
from William-Sonoma Kitchen Library via Recipesource.com. Makes for great dipping oil. I order my bottles from Specialitybottle.com.
- Scrub the lemon to remove surface impurities; rinse and dry well.
- Pour olive oil in a small heavy saucepan.
- Using a zester, add lemon zest directly to olive oil.
- Add bay leaf and peppercorns.
- Heat oil over medium low heat to 200 to 225 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Transfer oil to hot, sterilized bottle and seal.
- Can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 months.