Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Fell in love with this after a friend and I had dinner at O.G., searched for the recipe and found it at Copykat Creations.
- 1 1⁄2 liters red table wine (I used Lambrusco)
- 1 cup grenadine
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 1⁄4 cups sweet vermouth
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water (half sugar, half water)
- strawberry, cut into thirds
- orange, slice thin,then quartered
- crushed ice
- This makes a gallon.
- Mix all the ingredients (i used a plastic ice cream bucket), except for ice.
- Let sit in refrigerator atleast 4-5 hours, if not overnight.
- Pour sangria into serving glass, fruit and all, then add ice.
This sangria was a fantastic hit at my 4th party. The only thing I changed was the fruit.
Can't wait to try your version.. I'm betting it is better than the Olive Gardens.. especially considering the OG's Sangria comes in a box already made.. very disappointing considering the price but then again... NOTHING is fresh there.. bagged sauce, etc.
So good!!.Will be making again.