Tiramisu - Olive Garden
- 1 (8 inch) sponge cakes
- 3 ounces strong black coffee or to taste instant espresso, Prepared
- 3 3 ounces rum or 3 ounces other liqueur
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese or 1 1/2 lbs mascarpone, at room temperature (Mascarpone is available at some Italian specialty food stores and some gourmet food stores.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra finely granulated sugar or 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- to taste cocoa powder, Unsweetened
- Cut across the middle of the sponge cake to form two disks, about 1"-1-1/2" thick, each.
- Blend the coffee or espresso and liqueur together.
- Sprinkle the bottom half of the cake with the coffee liqueur blend, enough to flavor it strongly, but don't saturate the cake so much that it will collapse.
- Mix the cream cheese or mascarpone with the sugar and beat the cheese until the sugar is completely dissolved and the cheese is light and spreadable.
- Spread the bottom half off the cake with half of the creamy cheese, in a fairly thick layer.
- Set the second half of the cake on the bottom half and repeat the process ~ sprinkle the coffee/liqueur blend and spread with the remaining cream cheese.
- Put the cocoa powder into a wire strainer and coat the top layer of cream cheese completely with cocoa.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least two hours before cutting and serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION