Recipe by chris_tam
I had this dip over at a friend's house this past weekend and OMG this stuff is delicious. This stuff is so great, I am making this for a Christmas party. My friend told me she got this recipe off copycat site.
Top Review by Ms B.
This is a great old standby. There are so many variations of the Spinach and Artichoke dip and this one is a winner. I used marinated artichoke hearts and omitted the garlic salt. We baked this in a pumpernickel bread bowl and served it with chunks of the toasted bread. Yum! Always a winner.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, frozen chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise do not use Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dry
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature.
- Cream together mayonnaise, Parmesan, Romano cheese, garlic, basil and garlic salt. Mix well.
- Add the artichoke hearts and spinach careful to drain this well.
- Store in a container until you are ready to use.
- Spray pie pan with pam, pour in dip, and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until the top is browned.
- serve with toasted bread.