Recipe by Nailah
Olive Garden's Five-Cheese Ziti al Forno
Top Review by Cook4_6
I normally am not a huge fan of baked pasta dishes because they tend to be dry. My mother used to make a similar recipe, but hers included sausage and plenty of sauce. I followed this recipe as posted, other than I had 5 cups of homemade marinara to use up and included it all. I also did not add the extra cup of mozzarella before putting on the topping. This was a very saucy, wonderful dinner for a cold Ohio evening. I would definitely make this again!
FOR THE ZITI SAUCE
- 946.36 ml tomato sauce
- 473.18 ml alfredo sauce
- 118.29 ml ricotta cheese
- 59.14 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 44.37 ml Fontina cheese, shredded
- 4.92 ml garlic pepper seasoning
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
FOR THE ZITI TOPPING
- 709.77 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml Italian breadcrumbs
- 44.37 ml romano cheese, grated
- 44.37 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 14.79 ml fresh garlic, chopped
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 44.37 ml fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 453.59 g dry ziti pasta
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- PREPARE THE ZITI SAUCE:.
- Combining all ingredients for the Ziti Sauce in a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- PREPARE THE ZITI TOPPING:.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the first four ingredients for the Ziti Topping.
- Add the garlic, oil, and parsley and mix until thoroughly blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- WHEN READY TO PREPARE THE WHOLE DISH:.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 13-by-9-inch baking dish or large casserole with non-stick spray.
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- Pour 1/2 cup of prepared ziti sauce into the prepared dish, and spread it evenly over the bottom using a spoon.
- When pasta has finished cooking, drain the water and pour the hot pasta into the bowl of remaining sauce. Mix thoroughly; pour into the baking dish.
- Spread 1 cup of shredded mozzarella over the pasta and sauce mixture.
- Top the mozzarella with the prepared Ziti Topping, spreading evenly.
- Place pan on center oven rack and bake until top is golden brown and cheese is bubbling, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.
- From: Olive Garden Restaurant.