Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup polenta
- 1⁄3 cup sliced black olives
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 stems rosemary, small sprigs picked
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grease 24 mini muffin pans.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together into a bowl. Add polenta, olives and garlic and mix well.
- Whisk together milk, oil, egg and chopped rosemary. Add to flour, mix carefully until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Divide mixture evenly into muffin pans. Lay a small sprig of rosemary on top of each. Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden in colour and cooked when tested. Cool for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire cake rack to cool completely. Serve warm with butter if desired.
These were good. I have never used polenta before so this was a new taste experience for me. Thanks for sharing!