Torn from a magazine but as yet untried by me .
Make and share this Olive and Rosemary Quickbread recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 220 C.
- Grease 23 cm square cake pan.
- Sift flour and salt into large bowl.
- Rub in butter with fingertips until like course breadcrumbs.
- Add rosemary and olives.
- Stir in buttermilk and enough water till you have a soft, sticky dough.
- Knead dough on floured surface until smooth.
- Using your hands press dough into a 22 cm square shape.
- With sharp knife cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Place pieces slightly apart in prepared pan.
- Brush with extra buttermilk, extra rosemary and olives.
- Bake 30 minutes or till golden brown.