Recipe by pink cook
This good recipe is from the 90's and I posted it as a request by Eileen. Enjoy it.
Top Review by Kathy228
This is so delicious. I added fresh rosemary to give it an adult flavor. I didn't serve the tuna OVER the noodles. Instead, I gently combined the tuna WITH the noodles and heated it through. This is an awesome tuna casserole. I made this when PK posted it in a recipe forum as a request. I'm glad it's posted here where I can find it easily.
- 473.18 ml pasta, dried
- 2 (368.54 g) can tuna in vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 226.79 g can mushrooms, sliced
- 29.58 ml butter
- 59.14 ml flour
- 414.03 ml evaporated milk
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Drain tuna reserving the liquid, add lemon juice and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, melt the 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat and saute the onion and mushroom slices until soft.
- Stir in the flour until blended and cook over low heat until bubbly (stirring constantly).
- Stir in the evaporated milk and add the reserved tuna oil and cook stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in salt and pepper and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Gently stir the tuna with the sauce and heat through.
- Drained pasta and serve warm with the tuna and sauce mixture.
- NOTE: Eileen said that she served it with rice instead of the pasta.