Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This good recipe is from the 90's and I posted it as a request by Eileen. Enjoy it.
Make and share this Old Fashioned Tuna Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Drain tuna reserving the liquid, add lemon juice and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, melt the 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat and saute the onion and mushroom slices until soft.
- Stir in the flour until blended and cook over low heat until bubbly (stirring constantly).
- Stir in the evaporated milk and add the reserved tuna oil and cook stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in salt and pepper and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Gently stir the tuna with the sauce and heat through.
- Drained pasta and serve warm with the tuna and sauce mixture.
- NOTE: Eileen said that she served it with rice instead of the pasta.