Recipe by DrGaellon
Posted to the Cafe Cookie Book by scribbulus_ink. "These aren't very sweet; they're more like shortbread" (but of a cookie texture).
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to creamed mixture; blend. Tint with food coloring if desired. Cover and chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- Roll and cut out cookies; decorate if desired. Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes.