Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have been making this dressing for years. I found it in one of those community recipe cookbooks. You can use your favorite regular cornbread recipe with this (but not sweet cornbread).
- 4 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 -3 cups chicken broth or 2 -3 cups turkey broth, to moisten
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Saute the onion and celery in the canola oil until soft, melt margarine in same pan.
- Mix with remaining ingredients except broth in large bowl.
- Moisten with broth to your taste (I like mine pretty wet, I usually get closer to the 3 cups).
- Place in a casserole dish or aluminum pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a nice crust develops on the top.
- **May use to stuff a 10 to 14 pound turkey. If stuffing a turkey, add very little broth. It will absorb additional moisture in the turkey. Pack loosely.