Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great cookie that's both sweet and creamy!
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups flour
- Combine baking soda and sour cream.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Blend in sour cream and baking soda.
- Combine baking powder and flour and add to sour cream mixture.
- Refrigerate until easy to handle, usually at least an hour.
- Roll out dough about 1/2 inch thick and cut into shapes.
- Bake at 325F(Note:temp varies or different ovens)for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
These were kinda dry and puffy not quite what I was expecting. Good flavor though. I will be looking for another recipe.
Every year I host a Christmas Cookie Decorating Party for adults, and I lost my recipe for sour cream sugar cookies. This one looked very similiar. We LOVED them... in fact, we are making a batch this weekend for the kiddos... This was a hit!
I thought rolling it out to 1/2" resulted in a very thick cookie. It also to about 20 minutes in my 325 F oven to get golden brown. Taste was great!