Recipe by mrsteacher22
I made these with my grandmother for years. They are soft and delicious- and NOT made with marshmallow fluff! If using bag popcorn- make sure it is not buttered and use 2-3 bags.
Top Review by cokiethebaby
Glad to have found this recipe, it tastes just like the ones my grandma and the neighbors made for Halloween! (My camera flash didnt work so it looks yellow in the picture with the red striped plate). This will go in my recipe box for sure and will save it here too for backup! Thanks for sharing :)
- 2 -3 cups popcorn
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white Karo
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat popcorn in oven at 300 degrees.
- Stir and cook sugar, karo, water, butter and salt until sugar is dissolved.
- Continue cooking WITHOUT stirring until mixture reaches 270 degrees on candy thermometer, (can use a kitchen thermometer) or until syrup forms a soft ball in cold water.
- Add vanilla and pour slowly over popcorn.
- Mix well.
- Dip hands in water and form balls.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and enjoy!