Recipe by MrsNestleroad
An oldie, but a goodie
Top Review by Mare F.
Like everyone else my fudge did not set up. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out to be more like a carmel. The flavor is good and would like to try it again. I wonder if the measurements are wrong or if something is missing in the recipe, just not sure. I have made fudge dozens of times and never had this happen. Hopefully the creator of this recipe can fix the midtake(if there is one) or give some helpful hints to fix this problem.
- 1 cup persimmon pulp
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pulp, sugar, milk, and corn syrup in a large saucepan with a heavy bottom.
- Cook over low heat, stirring often until mixture reaches 230 degrees F on candy thermometer.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool to lukewarm (110 degrees F).
- Add butter and beat mixture well.
- When it begins to thicken, stir in nuts.
- Spread in a butter 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Cut into squares when cool.