Recipe by bert
Great fruit combination! Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream if you like. Great plain, too.
Top Review by Miss Annie
This is a very good cobbler recipe, and the colors together were so lovely. I was intrigued by the brown sugar instead of white sugar. The sugar gave it a suprisingly good taste. I didn't change anything in this recipe. I used frozen peaches (no sugar added), and the sweetness was just right for my taste. Thanks for sharing this great recipe. I will definately make it again.
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 5 cups sliced peaches (, canned, drained or fresh, peeled and pitted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh blueberries or 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chilled butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstrch; stir in peaches and cinnamon.
- Cook& stir over med heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Cover and set aside.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- With a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add milk and vanilla; mix lightly with fork until just combined.
- Bring fruit mixture to a boil; pour into a 4-qt casserole.
- Drop large spoonfuls of batter onto fruit mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until batter tests clean.