Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Sweet and as bright as a summer's day. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 pie crust (either storebought or your own recipe)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, lemon juice and rind, butter, beaten egg yolks and milk.
- Beat egg whites and fold into mixture.
- Pour into pastry shell, place on bottom shelf of oven and bake for ten minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F and move pie to middle shelf; bake for 40 minutes longer.