Recipe by Jewelies
Fabulous New Zealand Loaf. A loaf tin for this is 25cm x 11cm.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Very, very good. So easy to make and it came out perfect. My mixed spice was 1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon, cloves, cardamon and ginger (a little more ginger can't hurt.......). It smelled wonderful while baking and was even nicer when cooled. I also liked the fact that the syrup was not overpowering, just a hint. All in all a gingerbread I will surely make again. Thanks for posting.
- 50 g butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a medium saucepan, gently melt the butter and golden syrup together.
- In a mixer cream together egg, and sugar - mix well.
- Add the melted syrup mixture.
- Sift and mix in all other ingredients except the baking soda and milk.
- Mix the baking soda with the milk then gradually stir this into the mix. The mixture will be quite runny.
- Pour into loaf tin and cook for about 35 mins or until ready when tested with skewer.