Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my favorite cream pie, great homemade taste. This comes from a Taste of Home book.
Make and share this Old-Fashioned Coconut Pie recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan, combine flour and sugar; add salt, milk and egg yolks.
- Mix well, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and 1 cup coconut.
- Pour hot filling into pie shell.
- For meringue, beat egg whites in a mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar until mixture forms stiff glossy peaks and sugar dissolves.
- Spread meringue over hot filling.
- Sprinkle remaining coconut.
- Bake 350 for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool, store in the refrigerator.