4 hrs 45 mins
This soup is so good
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine chicken broth and chicken in heavy large pot. Bring to boil.
- 2Reduce heat; cover partially and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Using tongs, transfer chicken to large bowl. Cool chicken and broth slightly. Discard skin and bones from chicken.
- 3Cut chicken meat into bite-size pieces and reserve.
- 4Spoon fat off top of chicken broth.
- 5Return broth to simmer. Add onion, carrots and celery. Simmer until vegetables soften, about 8 minutes. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.
- 6Cover chicken meat and broth separately and refrigerate.
- 7Bring broth to boil before continuing.).
- 8Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Add mushrooms and sauté until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- 10Stir in lemon juice. Add mushrooms to broth; stir in noodles, parsley and reserved chicken.
- 11Simmer until noodles are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 12Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.6
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.4 mg
- Sodium 184.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 24.5 g