Recipe by michEgan
I was over to my friends home and she offered me a piece of Gingerbread Cake. She served it with applesauce on top and I was very impressed how good it was. So I asked her for the recipe and she gave it to me. SO I would not loose it, I am putting it here at zaar. I hope for those of you who try this cake, it is as good to you as it is to me! Enjoy
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup shortening or 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 eggs (if using butter or shortening) or 1 egg (with oil)
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl, blend the shortening or oil with sugar or honey and the eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with molasses to the shortening mix.
- Pour into a 9 x 9 square pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until the cake springs back lightly.