Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh my gosh this recipe is so easy to throw together. I serve this with Mama's Supper Club Tilapia... You may just need to use eye judgement of the milk.
- 2 large russet potatoes or 4 small potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- Peel, cut and quarter potatoes.
- Add potatoes to boiling water, seasoned with the 1/4 cup of old bay.
- Boil until tender.
- Drain potatoes.
- Mash potatoes with potatoe masher.
- Add 1/4 tsp old bay, butter, mayo, parmesian cheese and milk (may use more or less milk, depending on how creamy you like your taters).
- Serve Warm and ENJOY!
I followed the recipe exactly, with the exception of adding a litle bit more butter for creaminess. Maybe it's just that I'm a HUGE fan of Old Bay (which is why I'm giving this four stars, instead of three), but this just didn't have as much flavor as I was hoping for. Only trouble is, I'm afraid if you were to add more Old Bay, the potatoes would end up too grainy. Because I like Old Bay as much as I do, though, maybe I'll give that a shot.
We don't have Old Bay here but I was given some in a swap so decided to try this. I didn't add extra Old Bay after cooking as the potatoes were well coated in it. I used sour cream in place of butter and this was nice for a change of pace.went well with meatloaf & tomato chutney for dinner. Thanks for posting!